Neuromuscular Therapy focuses on treatment of chronic and acute pain, injury and dysfunction in muscle and soft tissue. Combination of various treatment techniques such as Positional Release, Muscle Energy Technique, Soft Tissue and Myofascial Release, result in relive and elimination of many common muscular complaints.
METs are manipulative techniques whereby the patient, upon a request actively uses muscular force in a controlled position, in a specific direction against a counter force, usually offered by the therapist
That helps restore neuromuscular balance and alignment in the body and assists in releasing restrictions in the musculoskeletal system as well as aiding in the de-activation of myofascial trigger points
MET can be applied to a range of acute and chronic conditions which can result in the following therapeutic outcomes :
- Restores functional length and tone into a muscle.
- Strengthening muscle tissue.
- Re-training appropriate function within the muscle
- Deactivating of trigger points
- Preparing soft supporting structures prior to mobilisation of a joint.
- Mobilises a restricted joint.
- Enhances local circulation.
- Rehabilitation after disuse or injury (I) & (4).
- Rehabilitation and re-education of bad patterns of misuse, i.e. posture and breathing dysfunction.